Join us for this special year-end edition to our Pulse webinars as we look back at 2020 and make predictions for 2021.
Here are some topics we'll cover:
- Shortening certificate lifespans. As of September 1, 2020 public TLS certificates are maxed out at 13 months duration. We discuss why and what may be next for certificate lifespans.
- Quantum-safe certificates. Quantum computing continues to improve, bringing ever closer the date at which our existing RSA- and ECC-based encryption become insecure. Learn about the state of quantum-safe cryptography and what you can do now to begin preparing for new quantum-safe certificates.
- Deprecation of old TLS versions. Popular browsers have deprecated old TLS versions. Make sure your servers are correctly configured to avoid unnecessary errors.
- AddTrust root expiration. On May 30 the AddTrust legacy root expired, revealing flaws in common software tools that prevented proper root chaining or otherwise did not handle the expiration correctly. Our experts talk about the lessons learned and how to be prepared for future root expirations.
- Original Broadcast Date: December 10, 2020