Legal and Compliance
sectigo.com, instantssl.com, positivessl.com, enterprisessl.com, hackerguardian.com, optimumssl.com, comodoca.com, ssl.comodo.com, codeguard.com, iconlabs.com, crt.sh, and the websites where ssl247 is the primary domain at one of the following TLDs: .ae, .be, .cl, .com, .com.br, .com.co, .com.mx, .co.uk, .de, .dk, .es, .fr, .ie, .it, .nl, .pe, .pt, and .se (for example, ssl247.fr).
The Site is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with Sectigo and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements.
If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
Accessing the Site and Account Security
We reserve the right to disable access to the Site and withdraw, amend, or discontinue the Site at any time, in whole or in part, including any service or material we provide on the Site or through the Site, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for both:
· Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site.
If you choose, or are provided with, a username, password, or any other information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Site or portions of it using your username, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Sectigo Products and Services
If you purchase any certificates from any of the websites listed above, you agree to the terms and conditions listed in Sectigo's Certificate Subscriber Agreement located here: https://sectigo.com/uploads/audio/Certificate-Subscriber-Agreement-v2.5-click.pdf
Intellectual Property Rights
The Site and each of its contents, features, and functionalities (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by Sectigo, its licensors, or other providers of such material and may be protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
· Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
· You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
· You may print or download one copy of the content available through the Site for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
· If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
You must not:
· Modify copies of any materials from this Site.
· Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
· Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this Site.
You must not access or use, for any commercial purposes, any part of the Site or any services, content, or materials made available through the Site.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Site other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: [email protected].
The Sectigo name, the terms, Sectigo’s trademarks, Sectigo’s logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of Sectigo or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of Sectigo. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on the Site are the trademarks of their respective owners.
· In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
· For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
· To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any junk mail, chain letter, spam, or any other similar solicitation.
· To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Sectigo, a Sectigo employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
· To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm Sectigo or users of the Site, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
· Use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party's use of the Site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Site.
· Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Site.
· Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site.
· Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
· Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Site.
· Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
· Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper operation of the Site.
These content standards apply to any and all use of the Site. Use of the Site must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, your use of the Site must not:
· Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
· Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
· Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
· Be likely to deceive any person.
· Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
· Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
· Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
· Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
· Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Site is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising
from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The Site may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by Sectigo, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Sectigo. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Updates to Materials and Content in the Site
Materials or content made available through the Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such materials or content. From time to time, we may update the materials or content we make available through the Site, but such updates are not necessarily accurate, complete, or the latest versions of the material or content.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Site
Links from the Site
If the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party services linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such services.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Site will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY SERVICES LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER SECTIGO NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH SECTIGO MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER SECTIGO NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH SECTIGO REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER
HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, SECTIGO HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY BE PROVIDED IN A SEPARATE AGREEMENT FOR THE PROVISION OF SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE.
Limitation on Liability
The limitation of liability set out above does not apply to liability resulting from death or bodily injury caused by your use of the Site.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
(i) Purpose. The term “Dispute” means any dispute, claim, or controversy between you and Sectigo regarding any Site provided, whether based in contract, statute, regulation, ordinance, tort (including, but not limited to, fraud, misrepresentation, fraudulent inducement, or negligence), or any other legal or equitable theory, and includes the validity, enforceability or scope of this Section (with the exception of
the enforceability of the Class Action Waiver clause below). “Dispute” is to be given the broadest possible meaning that will be enforced. If you have a Dispute with Sectigo or any of Sectigo’s officers, directors, employees, attorneys and agents that cannot be resolved through negotiation within the time-frame described in the Notice of Dispute clause below, other than those matters listed in the Exclusions from Arbitration clause, you and Sectigo agree to seek resolution of the Dispute only through arbitration in accordance with the terms of this Section, and not litigate any Dispute in court. Arbitration means that the Dispute will be resolved by a neutral arbitrator instead of in a court by a judge or jury.
(ii) Exclusions from Arbitration. YOU AND SECTIGO AGREE THAT ANY CLAIM FILED BY EITHER PARTY IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT AND ANY CLAIM FOR AMOUNTS OWED FOR USE OF THE SITE ARE NOT SUBJECT TO THE ARBITRATION TERMS CONTAINED IN THIS SECTION.
(iii) Notice of Dispute. IF YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH SECTIGO, YOU MUST SEND WRITTEN NOTICE TO SECTIGO TO GIVE SECTIGO THE OPPORTUNITY TO RESOLVE THE DISPUTE INFORMALLY THROUGH NEGOTIATION. You agree to negotiate resolution of the Dispute in good faith for no less than 60 days after you provide notice of the Dispute. If the Dispute is not resolved within 60 days from receipt of notice of the Dispute, you or Sectigo may pursue the claim in arbitration pursuant to the terms in this Section.
(iv) Class Action Waiver. ANY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEEDINGS, WHETHER IN ARBITRATION OR COURT, WILL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR AS A NAMED OR UNNAMED MEMBER IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL LEGAL ACTION, UNLESS BOTH YOU AND SECTIGO SPECIFICALLY AGREE TO DO SO IN WRITING FOLLOWING INITIATION OF THE ARBITRATION. THIS PROVISION DOES NOT PRECLUDE YOUR PARTICIPATION AS A MEMBER IN A CLASS ACTION FILED ON OR BEFORE AUGUST 20, 2011.
(v) Initiation of Arbitration Proceeding/Selection of Arbitrator. If you or Sectigo elects to resolve the Dispute through arbitration, the party initiating the arbitration proceeding may initiate it with the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), www.adr.org, or JAMS www.jamsadr.com. The terms of this Section govern in the event they conflict with the rules of the arbitration organization selected by the parties.
(vi) Arbitration Procedures. Because the Site provided to you by Sectigo concerns interstate commerce, the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) governs the arbitrability of all Disputes. However, applicable federal or state law may also apply to the substance of any Disputes. For claims of less than $75,000, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (“Supplementary Procedures”) shall apply including the schedule of arbitration fees set forth in Section C-8 of the Supplementary Procedures; for claims over $75,000, the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules, and relevant fee schedules for non-class action proceedings shall apply. The AAA rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Further, if a claim does not exceed $75,000 and you provide notice to and negotiated in good faith with Sectigo as described above, if the arbitrator finds that you are the prevailing party in the arbitration, you will be entitled to recover reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs as determined by the arbitrator, in addition to any rights to recover the same under controlling state or federal law afforded to you or Sectigo. The arbitrator will make any award in writing but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party. Such award will be binding and final, except for any right of appeal provided by the FAA, and may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the parties for purposes of enforcement.
(vii) Location of Arbitration. All claims for arbitration shall be submitted to and heard by the office of AAA located in the State of New Jersey. Should an evidentiary hearing be required by the Arbitrator, such hearing shall be heard in the State of New Jersey.
(viii) Severability. If any clause within this Section (other than the Class Action Waiver clause above) is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from this Section, and the remainder of this Section will be given full force and effect. If the Class Action Waiver clause is found to be illegal or unenforceable, this entire Section will be unenforceable, and the Dispute will be decided by a court and both parties each agree to waive in that instance, to the fullest extent allowed by law, any trial by jury.
(x) Continuation. This Section shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Rights of Third Parties
Waiver and Severability
Neither party hereto shall be liable for any breach of its obligations hereunder resulting from any event not under the reasonable control of that party. The parties agree that the availability of the Internet and connections made through the Internet are not within the reasonable control of either party.
Your Comments and Concerns
The Site is operated by Sectigo Limited, 26 Office Village, 3rd Floor, Exchange Quay, Trafford Road, Salford, Manchester M5 3EQ, United Kingdom.
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Site should be directed to: [email protected].