This article will go into detail on how to install certificates on Alpha 5 Application Server
- Once you have your certificates back, go ahead and navigate back to the SSL tab of the Application Server Settings window and then click the checkbox to "Enable SSL."
- Click the folder icon on the right of the box labeled "SSL Certificate File" and browse to the your_domain_com.crt file that was provided to you. This is also known as your primary or server certificate.
- Next click the folder icon in the "Private Key File" box, and browse to the private key that was created during CSR generation. If you assigned a password while creating this file, you will need to enter the password in the next box.
- Before you can assign a certificate chain file, check to see if you were provided with multiple intermediate certificate files (XYZ.crt and XYZ2.crt), if you were, you will need to combine both of the provided intermediate certificates into one file (often called a .pem file) before continuing.
To do this, go ahead and open both files in a text editor and paste the entire body of the CA2 file immediately below the text of the first. Save the combined file and continue to the next step.
- Finally, click the folder icon next to the "Certificate Chain File" box. Browse to your intermediate file (or the combined intermediate from the last step) and finish the process by clicking on the Save button at the bottom of the window.
- You may have to Stop/Start or Restart the server before your changes will take effect. Your Alpha Five Application Server SSL installation should now be complete.