Drivers of the company’s growth include increasing market demand for enterprise solutions that provide automated PKI management for public and private certificates, the addition of website backup and recovery services, and the company’s expanding global network of resellers.
ROSELAND, N.J. – January 29, 2019 – Sectigo, the world’s largest commercial Certificate Authority and a leader in web security solutions, today announced more than 20% year-over-year (YoY) sales growth. Drivers of the company’s growth include increasing market demand for enterprise solutions that provide automated PKI management for public and private certificates, the addition of website backup and recovery services, and the company’s expanding global network of resellers.
In November 2018, Comodo CA rebranded as Sectigo to limit market confusion and better represent the breadth and direction of its solutions. The company also stepped up its efforts beyond its core TLS/SSL digital certificate business, grew enterprise and channel sales, and added industry-leading talent to support geographic expansion.
“2018 was a breakthrough year for Sectigo, as we significantly outpaced competitors in the market with our growth,” said Bill Holtz, CEO, Sectigo. “Our expanding team is meeting new challenges and delivering innovative solutions, and we look forward to building on our accomplishments as a leading provider of multi-layered defenses against threats on websites, email, devices, and in the cloud.”
2018 Sectigo growth milestones include:
- New Enterprise Customers – Fueled by the adoption of its Private CA, S/MIME Email Encryption, Certificate Manager, and IoT Manager solutions, Sectigo increased Enterprise sales by more than 20% YoY (including enterprise channel sales), adding marquee enterprise brands including Credit Agricole, GAP, PetSmart, and Vanguard. These companies join an already impressive roster of companies, including Intel, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), and ManuLife. Today, 35% of the Fortune 1000 use Sectigo products.
- Channel Growth – Sectigo achieved nearly 40% YoY sales growth and added 40 new strategic partners, including CertCenter, UniRegistry, WHMCS (for CodeGuard), and Korean Information Certificate Authority (KICA) to its newly revamped Channel Partner Program, which enables the company to serve customers across North America, Europe, India, and APAC.
- Acquisition of CodeGuard – In August, Sectigo acquired CodeGuard, Inc., a global leader in website maintenance, backup, and disaster recovery. CodeGuard, which maintains its brand, has since expanded to six locations in EMEA and APAC to meet international demand for its services, achieving more than 45% YoY growth.
- IoT Device Security – In June, Sectigo launched a new IoT device security service, enabling enterprises to deploy and scale their ecosystems securely and manage the full lifecycle of devices. The platform is available for a wide range of industries and applications, including industrial automation, medical devices, automotive, telecommunications, smart city/smart buildings, and in consumer electronics. IoT Manager was recognized for IoT Security Innovation at Computing Security Excellence Awards in November.
- Certificate Manager Advancements – Sectigo launched Certificate Manager 6.0 in March, including advanced features like expanded certificate management for Microsoft Certificate Authority, an improved, more secure method for adding certificates with RESTful Application Programming Interface (API), and automated SSL certificate management.
- Expanded Operations – In July, Sectigo opened its new headquarters in Roseland, NJ, to house expanded executive, sales, support, and operations teams. Sectigo also unveiled a new development center in Ottawa, Canada to support R&D and quality assurance, doubling the amount of staff dedicated to delivering services in 15 different languages.
- Industry Talent – Sectigo added veteran executives from Verisign, Symantec, Entrust, DigiCert, and GeoTrust, and reached more than 240 employees across offices globally.
Sectigo provides web security products that help customers protect, monitor, recover, and manage their web presence and connected devices. As the largest commercial Certificate Authority trusted by enterprises globally for more than 20 years, and more than 100 million SSL certificates issued in over 200 countries, Sectigo has the proven performance and experience to meet the growing needs of securing today’s digital landscape. For more information, visit www.sectigo.com.