Merchants and B2B ecommerce businesses can improve the performance of online stores by making smart choices about SSL certificates. Online sellers should employ EV SSL certificates on all public-facing sites to maximize transaction rates, positive brand impression, compliance, and SEO.
Extended Validation SSL for Maximum Online Sales
EV SSL is a valuable tool in giving your online business the credibility and trust visitors require before engaging in transactions or sharing sensitive information online. When you place an EV SSL certificate on your site, popular browsers add your company name right in their interfaces up next to the address bar.
92% of internet users worry about having their credit cards stolen online. Research shows that the presence of this branded address bar (often called the “green address bar” because most browsers highlight your company name in green) increases consumer confidence in online businesses and therefore transactions.
When visiting a site with a branded address bar, customers report these responses:
Maintain Compliance with the Payments Vendors You Depend On
Not all online merchants know that EV SSL is an important part of the guidelines laid out by their the companies who make it possible for them to collect payments online.
- The PCI Security Standards Council specifies EV SSL as a best practice for any site accepting credit card information, PII, or other sensitive data
- PayPal requires that all pages offering logins to PayPal accounts must be protected with EV SSL certificates
Always-on-SSL (AOSSL) to Defeat Browser Warning Messages and Optimize SEO
Every business site is advised to secure every page with SSL certificates due to two reasons.
- Google Chrome posts a “Not secure” warning on EVERY page that doesn’t have SSL, regardless of whether or not the page takes transactions or shares personal information. Security warnings can decrease site engagement and transactions. To eliminate these messages, sites should adopt Always-on SSL (AOSSL) by employing https for all pages on all sites.
- Popular search engines award better search ranking to pages with SSL, once again regardless of whether or not they take transactions or share personal information.
CodeGuard Site Backup and Recovery
The CodeGuard site backup and recovery service is the easy way to achieve peace of mind that you can easily detect and recover your site from programming errors, malicious hacking, and malware infection. All in an automated cloud-based interface that you don’t have to be a computer programmer to use.
With CodeGuard you get:
- Enterprise-grade backups made easy for SMBs
- Malware monitoring and remediation
- One click restore
- Automatic WordPress plugin updates
CodeGuard automatically logs all changes to your site and allows instant restoration to a previous version at any time. It detects and notified you of changes to the site so that you can find about and reverse unauthorized hacking. It also discovers and removes malware infections from your site.
HackerGuardian PCI scanning is the PCI-approved site scanning service that helps merchants maintain their ongoing PCI compliance.
- Ensure ongoing PCI compliance thanks to vulnerability scanning
- Receive ready to submit PCI compliance reports to send to your merchant bank
- Review HackerGuardian’s detailed reports identifying security holes exposed by HackerGuardian’s 30,000+ tests and containing actionable fix recommendations
- Start with an easy PCI self-assessment questionnaire available in our online wizard
- Schedule up to ten PCI scans per quarter on up to five servers through a secure web-based interface
- Add IP address packs to your license to allow scanning for scan additional, external, IP addresses